Welcome to Admissions at Carteret Community College.
The first step to becoming a college student is to be admitted.
Follow these steps to get started.
Step One: APPLY TO THE COLLEGE
- See Programs of Study to select the program to which you are applying. View our Curriculum Programs.
- If you are unsure of a program and would like to explore various careers, go to Plan for a Career or go here for some career videos.
- Complete an Online Application for admission.
- For further information, contact the admissions office via email or call (252) 222-6154.
Step Two: Obtain Your Residency Certification Number (RCN)
A Residency Certification Number (RCN) is required to submit a Carteret Community College application for admission. Effective September 11, 2017, Carteret Community College will no longer be allowed to validate residency status for in-state or out-of-state tuition charges or to make changes to residency status.
The North Carolina State Legislature has established the RESIDENCY DETERMINATION SERVICE (RDS) which will serve as the single authority for determining residency for tuition purposes.
To begin the residency process, enter the RESIDENCY DETERMINATION SERVICE (RDS) and select COMPLETE RESIDENCY DETERMINATION. For documents that you may need to complete the RDS process, click on the INITIAL CONSIDERATION link.
The Carteret Community College Admission’s staff is able to assist with the initial RDS process and provides access to a scanner/fax system for the submission of requested documentation. Carteret Community College cannot provide assistance with the completed RDS interview, password resets, or a reclassification/appeal status.
For assistance with these type issues, please refer to:
RDS – STUDENT FAQs
RDS CALL CENTER / HOURS OF OPERATION:
844.319.3640 (toll free)
Monday – Thursday (8:00 AM until 8:00 PM)
Friday (8:00 AM until 5:00 PM)
PO Box 41940
Raleigh, NC 27629-1940
Step Three: FINANCE YOUR EDUCATION
- Complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The financial aid office will send an email to your school email account listing additional required documents. Submit all supporting documents by the college deadline.
- The school code for Carteret Community College is 008081.
- For further information, contact the financial aid office via email or call (252) 222-6293
Step Four: DETERMINE COURSE PLACEMENT
- Students may be exempted from the placement test if they meet certain criteria. View Placement Test information to see if you meet these criteria.
- If you are not exempt, schedule your placement test.
- For further information, contact the academic support office via email or call (252) 222-6218.
Step Five: ATTEND ORIENTATION
- Schedule your New Student Orientation.
- For further information, contact the Advising and Counseling Center via email or call (252) 222-6060.
Step Six: SELECT CLASSES AND REGISTER
- All students attending college for the first-time must schedule an appointment to see a counselor for approval to register. Contact the Advising and Counseling Center at (252) 222-6060 to make this appointment.
- Transfer students and students returning to Carteret Community College should contact their assigned program advisor to schedule an appointment for advising and approval to register. Advisor information can be found under My Profile in your WebAdvisor account.
- Register online for your counselor approved courses using WebAdvisor.
- Go to Web Advisor and use the login you were given in your welcome letter.