Carteret Community College President Search
The Board of Trustees invites applications and nominations for the position of President at Carteret Community College. The President serves as the Chief Executive Officer and reports directly to an appointed thirteen-member Board.
- Earned Doctorate Degree from an accredited College or University strongly preferred, Master’s Degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years senior level community or technical college leadership experience or equivalent required.
Desired Traits & Characteristics (Not Ranked)
- An administrator of great integrity who sets high personal standards with a record of fair and honest leadership resulting in the development of a high level of trust within the College and with the greater community
- A visible leader who is accessible to all constituents within the colleges and greater communities and works well with students, faculty, classified staff, and administration
- The ability to build and maintain good community relations
- An innovative and creative leader committed to academic excellence and student success, possessing the ability to inspire and motivate faculty and staff to fulfill their responsibility to the maximum extent while providing high quality and accessible programs and services to students
- A record of decisiveness and good judgment in decision making that has led to effective and efficient advancement of an organization
- A demonstrated ability to use collaborative leadership skills to build and implement effective plans that include actively supporting the development of partnerships between the College, business and industry, other educational organizations, cultural entities, and civic organizations throughout our service area
- A leader who has demonstrated sensitivity to and an appreciation of ethnic and cultural diversity and a record of building consensus and reaching out to various and diverse stakeholders
- Communicates effectively, possesses an open communication style with strong speaking, writing, and listening skills
- Has demonstrated a passion for the two-year college mission and an understanding of the unique role the college plays in the lives of students and the community served
- A demonstrated ability to effectively oversee the management of fiscal affairs, to ensure the equitable and effective allocation of resources
- A demonstrated ability to expand the resource base of the College with a proven ability to obtain additional funds for the College through alternative means
Carteret Community College
Founded in 1963, Carteret Community College is one of 58 institutions comprising the N.C. Community College System. Located in Morehead City, N.C., the college lies on the shores of the beautiful Bogue Sound — part of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. Carteret Community College students can enroll in more than 35 programs which lead to certificates, diplomas or associate degrees. The college transfer curriculum is one of the most popular programs, enabling students to obtain an associate in arts, associate in fine arts, or associate in science degree. Through the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement, graduates transfer seamlessly to all University of North Carolina institutions and many of the state’s independent colleges and universities. Additionally, the college offers a variety of Corporate and Community Education courses to provide general education opportunities for upgrading job skills, gaining certifications, and satisfying personal interests. These courses are offered on a continual basis, and include several pre-licensing courses, computer applications, desktop publishing, First Aid/CPR, emergency medical technician certification, and a variety of Basic Skills courses such as English as a Second Language. The student body consists of approximately 2,000 curriculum and 4,500 continuing education students, reflecting a rich diversity of age, income, ethnicity and educational background. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges since 1974, the college has 151 full-time and 239 part-time employees who provide quality education, training, and support. Using innovative means of instruction, hybrid, and online courses, the college is committed to creating an accessible, positive learning environment.
Carteret Community College Service Area
The Crystal Coast of North Carolina draws thousands of vacationers every year. Whether it be the 85 miles of gorgeous coast line, the rich history surrounding it, the fishing and water adventures, the wonderful restaurants with local flare, or the wildlife like wild horses and dolphins, one visit and you’ll want to call Carteret County home.
Application Procedure and General Inquiries
To make general inquiries about Carteret Community College contact Ms. Logan Okun, Board Search Liaison, at 252-222-6141 or email email@example.com
To make confidential inquiries about the position, the application process, or search process, please contact Dr. Donny Hunter (office) 919-467-9754 ext. 223 or (cell) 919-809-2423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following application materials are required and are the only items that will be considered at this point in the process. Do not include items that are not requested:
- A letter of interest not to exceed seven pages addressing the items on the president profile
- A current resume
- Information and Reference Form (choose format): Adobe PDF MS Word
To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by 4:00 pm (EST) February 15, 2017. Applications materials may be emailed.
Mail Applications to:
Carteret CC President Search
Board of Trustees
Attention: Ms. Logan Okun
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557-2989
Email Application Materials to:
An NCACCT Assisted Search