Carteret Community College has been approved by the North Carolina Community College System to award an associate degree, a diploma, or a certificate to those who qualify through course work taken at the College.

General Requirements

The student will…

  • Complete all required coursework
  • Earn a 2.0 major GPA both in the program and overall
  • Complete a minimum of 25% of the program of study’s total semester hours

Program Specific Requirements are available in the Academic Information section of the Course Catalog under Graduation Requirements.

 Program Completion Process

  1. Print an Academic Evaluation from WebAdvisor for each degree, diploma, and certificate that you are completing in the current semester.
  2. Make an appointment with a program advisor to review and approve the request to complete.
  3. Complete a graduation application on WebAdvisor labeled “Apply to Graduate” for each degree, diploma, and certificate that you are completing.
  4. Complete the Graduation Survey on WebAdvisor.

One copy of each degree, diploma and/or certificate is provided free of charge if requested within one year of completion, after that time please follow the Back-dated Degree process below.

Credentials are created at the end of each semester for students who complete the completion application. Requests made after the last day of the semester will be produced at the end of the next semester.

The Registrar’s Office will contact you when the credential is available for pick up.

Curriculum (College Level) Graduation Process

***Before being eligible for attending Graduation, student MUST follow the Program Completion Steps. ***

Information will be provided during the spring semester of any year regarding the Graduation ceremony for that academic year.


Cap & Gown Ordering

Information coming soon

Backdated Degrees

Backdated degree are provided to previous graduates at a fee of $30 per copy. A backdated degree is any physical copy of a degree that is requested one year or longer after the date of completion. To receive an official copy of a backdated degree please complete the Backdated Degree Application and submit to the Business Office with fees. The degree will be completed at the end of the current semester or upon approval at the specified time agreed upon with the Registrar. Please see the registrar for the application.

Continuing Education Certifications

Contact the Continuing Education Division at 252-222-6200 for information and reprints.

Basic Skills (GED/Adult High School) Graduation

Contact the Basic Skills Department if you are graduating from Adult High School or High School Equivalency (formerly GED). They will provide you with the Basic Skills graduation application. Basic Skills can be reached at (252) 222-6195 or visit them in the Wayne West Building, room 103. You can also visit Diplomasender  for all North Carolina High School Equivalency (HSE) records (GED, HiSETand TASC)