MARTEC – Marine Training and Education Center
“TRAINING TOMORROW’S MARINE INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS”
The North Carolina Marine Training and Education Center (NC MARTEC) is the only comprehensive marine technology training facility in the Mid Atlantic region. The state of the art marine technology training facility is located on the Carteret Community College campus in Morehead City, North Carolina. Our facility is on the shores of the beautiful Bogue Sound — part of the Atlantic Intercoastal Waterway.
The 23,000 square feet facility has classrooms and workshops equipped to provide state of the art training for those who yearn for a rewarding, dynamic and challenging career in the marine manufacturing and service industries.
NC MARTEC provides training in:
- Composite Fiberglass Production+
- Custom Composite Fiberglass “One-Off” Construction
- 3D Computer Aided Design with 3 & 5 Axis CNC Machining technologies
- Cold Molded Composite Wood Construction
- Vacuum and Infusion Lamination
- Blueprint Reading and Lofting
- Yacht Joinery and Cabinetry (including light weight honeycomb panel cabinetry)
- Computerized (CNC) Routing
- Marine Coatings and Spray Systems
- Marine Diesel Propulsion
- Outboard Engine Propulsion
- Anodized Aluminum and Stainless Steel Welding
- Marine Electrical and Electronics Installation and Service
- Marine Plumbing Installation and Service
- Marine Mechanical Installation and Service
- Marina and Boat Yard Management
NC MARTEC also offers customized training for New and Expanding Industry.
Director of NCMARTEC Bryan Gray