Carteret Community College has been approved by the North Carolina Community College System to award an associate degree, a diploma, or a certificate to those who qualify through course work taken at the College.
The CCC Graduation Ceremony will be help in the Civic Center on our campus on July 30, 2020 at 4PM.
For those that cannot attend CCC will live stream the event on our college homepage.
The student will…
- Complete all required coursework
- Earn a 2.0 major GPA both in the program and overall
- Complete a minimum of 25% of the program of study’s total semester hours at CCC.
Program Specific Requirements are available in the Academic Information section of the Course Catalog under Graduation Requirements.
Program Completion/Graduation Process
- Make an appointment with your program advisor to review and approve the request to complete.
- Complete a graduation application.
- If you completed in the fall of 2019 then come to the Registrar’s Office on campus to pick up your graduation application
- If you complete this semester, spring of 2020 or summer of 2020 complete a graduation application on Carteret Compass
- under the Academics link (left-hand side of the screen) labeled “Graduation Overview” for each degree, diploma, and certificate that you are completing.
NOTE: For those walking in the ceremony indicate how many tickets you would like, limit 4 for each graduate and use the Phonetic Spelling Guide for assistance.
- Complete the Graduation Survey on Carteret Compass under the Academic link as well.
- Order your cap and gown, invitations and more online and pick up in the College Bookstore. See information below under Cap & Gown Ordering
- Review the Graduation Instructions and General Information several times prior to July 30.
- Wait for notification of when to pick up Graduation Tickets the week prior to the ceremony.
One copy of each degree, diploma and/or certificate is provided free of charge if requested within one year of completion, after that time please follow the Back-dated Degree process below.
Credentials are created at the end of each semester for students who complete the completion application. Requests made after the last day of the semester will be produced at the end of the next semester.
The Registrar’s Office will contact you when the credential is available for pick up.
Cap & Gown Ordering
You can now order your cap and gown directly from Herff-Jones at the site below and then pick it up at the College Bookstore on Campus. Please use the following link to order and pay for your Cap & Gown:
Approximate cost will be $34.00 for Cap & Gown with a school tassel. Additional tassels will be $6.00.
While supplies last the Bookstore is selling the Graduation cap & Gown and other Graduation products at a reduced shipping rate. Please contact them directly according to the attached flyer for more information.
Honors tassels are provided to qualified students by the Awards and Graduation Committee.
(fees subject to change)
Deadlines & Dates to Remember
|Graduation Application||July 15, 2020|
|Line up/Rehearsal for Graduation Ceremony||July 30, 2020 (2:30 PM)|
|Graduation Ceremony||July 30, 2020 (4 PM)|
Tickets are required for guests to enter the Graduation ceremony – due to limited seating, graduates will be provided up to four (4) tickets ONLY. Keep in mind that tickets are NOT to be sold or reproduced as they are numbered and given to specific graduates. If you do not need all 4 tickets then please only request what you need so that we can redistribute if possible.