Placement and Make-Up Testing
Academic Support provides both placement testing for new students and make-up testing for current students.
The College seeks to improve academic success rates by ensuring students are placed into appropriate level courses based on their reading, writing and mathematical skills. A student may be exempt from placement testing if he/she:
- graduated from a US High School within the last 10 years combined with an unweighted GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- previous earned developmental course credit, or successfully completed a college – level English or Math course;
- completed the SAT, ACT, GED, or High School Equivalency Test within the last 10 years; or
- have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institutions.
If you do not meet any of the above criteria, please use the calendar below to sign up for a placement test. You may contact Academic Support at 252-222-6218 if you have an scheduling questions or concerns.
To sign up for a placement test use the below calendar:
1. Click on a DATE
2. Click on the TIME provided
3. Fill out the Reservation information such as name, email address, phone number, date of birth, etc.
4. Click on the BOOK NOW button at the bottom of the page
*if the BOOK NOW button does not appear, go back to Step 1
5. If you have successfully registered for the Placement Test, you will receive an email confirmation.
For assistance, please contact Academic Support, 252-222-6218 or email@example.com.
Make-up testing is available during the following times:
Monday through Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Testing after 5:00 PM is by Appointment ONLY
Academic Support serves the college in a variety of ways. To support CCC faculty, Academic Support can administer a make-up test for students who have missed a test given during a scheduled class due to an absence. A student should communicate with the instructor about how to make up any missed tests.
For more information about about the Academic Support Testing Policy, please click the link below: