How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Carolina Student Transfer Excellence Program (C-STEP) at Carteret Community College.
C-STEP accepts new students twice per year. High school seniors and first year community college students should plan to apply by the April 1st deadline. Priority will be given to those students who meet this deadline.
If you miss this deadline for whatever reason, there is a second deadline on October 1st. If you plan to apply for the October 1st deadline it is imperative that you meet with Mr. Bochnovic to discuss Fall semester classes to ensure you adhere to the C-STEP policies and procedures.
If you have questions about which deadline applies to you, please feel free to reach out to Mr. Bochnovic for assistance.
- Complete the C-STEP Interest Form before meeting with Mr. Clayton Bochnovic, C-STEP Advisor at Carteret Community College. Please complete the C-STEP Interest Form 2 – 3 months prior to your anticipated application deadline. It is never too early to complete the Interest Form and begin thinking about your Carolina future!
- Apply online to Carteret Community College as a University Transfer student. Please select either Associates in Arts or Associates in Science as your Program of Study.
- Complete the Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online with Carteret Community College’s FAFSA code number 008081. Financial aid will be applied to your first two years at Carteret Community College and then transferred to UNC-Chapel Hill upon successful completion of C-STEP requirements
- Complete the online C-STEP Application. Please take a moment to review the two essays prior to submitting the C-STEP application. Bochnovic would be happy to assist you in reviewing the content of your essays to ensure they fit the criteria. Feel free to have your essays reviewed in the Writing Center of Carteret Community College for grammatical issues. In order to be considered for C-STEP, the following materials must be received by the deadline for which you are applying:
- The online application will ask you to upload unofficial transcripts from your graduating high school and all colleges and universities attended. Please include the name on the first page of the scanned transcript.
- Two electronic letters of recommendation in PDF format must be sent by the recommenders directly to email@example.com.
- If you answer “YES” to any of the community standard questions, please submit an explanation and supporting documentation as requested in the instructions. Please note that UNC C-STEP Admissions is unable to review incomplete applications that do not include an explanation and supporting documentation to any community standard incidents.
All supporting application materials should be sent to the attention of:
Senior Assistant Director of Admissions and C-STEP Director
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Campus Box 2200 Jackson Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599 – 2200
Fax: (919) 962 – 3042
Students accepted to C-STEP will be notified via email and must accept the C-STEP Agreement through their MyCarolina portal. Students who fail to accept the C-STEP Agreement by the posted due date may be in jeopardy of losing their spot in the cohort.